Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
> Well, if we can make it run in more systems than just Linux, then it
> seems worth having.  The submitted patch seems a little bit on the
> naughty side.

I agree that the facility seems possibly useful, as long as we can
minimize its platform dependency.  Just embedding some strings, as
I suggested upthread, seems like it'd go far in that direction.
Yeah, you could spend a lot of effort to make it a bit more user
friendly, but is the effort really going to be repaid?  The use
case for this isn't that large, I don't think.

                        regards, tom lane