On 2020-11-12 23:28, Tom Lane wrote:
I'm on board with pulling these now --- 8.2 to v14 is plenty of
deprecation notice.  However, the patch seems incomplete in that
the code support for these is still there -- look for
RTOldContainedByStrategyNumber and RTOldContainsStrategyNumber.
Admittedly, there's not much to be removed except some case labels,
but it still seems like we oughta do that to avoid future confusion.

Yeah, the stuff in gistproc.c should be removed now. But I wonder what the mentions in brin_inclusion.c are and whether or how they should be removed.