On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 2:34 PM k.jami...@fujitsu.com
<k.jami...@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 12, 2020 1:14 PM, Tsunakawa-san wrote:
> I forgot to reply.
> Thank you very much Tsunakawa-san for testing and to everyone
> who has provided their reviews and insights as well.
>
> Now thinking about smgrnblocks(), currently Thomas Munro is also working on
> implementing a
> shared SmgrRelation [1] to store sizes. However, since that is still under
> development and the
> discussion is still ongoing, I hope we can first commit these set of patches
> here as these are already
> in committable form. I think it's alright to accept the early improvements
> implemented in this thread
> to the source code.

Yeah, that won't be a bad idea especially because the patch being
discussed in the thread you referred is still in an exploratory phase.
I haven't tested or done a detailed review but I feel there shouldn't
be many problems if we agree on the approach.

Thomas/others, do you have objections to proceeding here? It shouldn't
be a big problem to change the code in this area even if we get the
shared relation size stuff in.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.