On 2020-11-24 02:57, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 04:06:43PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
I think we are getting a bit sidetracked here with the message wording. The
reason I looked at this was that "remove socket file and retry" is never an
appropriate action with abstract sockets.  And on further analysis, it is
never an appropriate action with any Unix-domain socket (because with file
system namespace sockets, you never get an EADDRINUSE, so it's dead code).
So my proposal here is to just delete that line from the hint and leave the
rest the same.

Reading again this thread, +1 on that.

committed, thanks

--