On 2020-11-30 22:15, Pavel Stehule wrote:
    I would like some supporting documentation on this.  So far we only
    have
    one stackoverflow question, and then this implementation, and they are
    not even the same format.  My worry is that if there is not precise
    specification, then people are going to want to add things in the
    future, and there will be no way to analyze such requests in a
    principled way.

I checked this and it is "prefix backslash-u hex" used by Java, JavaScript  or RTF - https://billposer.org/Software/ListOfRepresentations.html

Heh. The fact that there is a table of two dozen possible representations kind of proves my point that we should be deliberate in picking one.

I do see Oracle unistr() on that list, which appears to be very similar to what you are trying to do here. Maybe look into aligning with that.