On 2020/12/03 11:48, tsunakawa.ta...@fujitsu.com wrote:
From: Michael Paquier <mich...@paquier.xyz>
Tsunakawa-san, could you post a link to this article, if possible?  I am curious
about their problem and why they used CREATE CONVERSION as a way to
solve it.  That's fine even if it is in Japanese.

I just pulled info from my old memory in my previous mail.  Now the following
links seem to be relevant.  (They should be different from what I saw in the
past.)

https://ml.postgresql.jp/pipermail/pgsql-jp/2007-January/013103.html

https://teratail.com/questions/295988

IIRC, the open source Postgres extension EUDC also uses CREATE CONVERSION.

FWIW, about four years before, for the real project, I wrote
the extension [1] that provides yet another encoding conversion
from UTF-8 to EUC_JP, to handle some external characters.
This extension uses CREATE CONVERSION.

[1]
https://github.com/MasaoFujii/pg_fallback_utf8_to_euc_jp

Fujii Masao