On 2020/11/30 15:24, Tatsuro Yamada wrote:
Hi Torikoshi-san,

In this patch, exposing new columns is mandatory, but I think
it's better to make it optional by adding a GUC something
like 'pgss.track_general_custom_plans.

I also feel it makes the number of columns too many.
Just adding the total time may be sufficient.

I think this feature is useful for DBA. So I hope that it gets
committed to PG14. IMHO, many columns are Okay because DBA can
select specific columns by their query.
Therefore, it would be better to go with the current design.

But that design may waste lots of memory. No? For example, when
plan_cache_mode=force_custom_plan, the memory used for the columns
for generic plans is not used.

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters