From: Amit Langote <amitlangot...@gmail.com>
> Yes, it can be simplified by using a local join to prevent the update of the
> foreign
> partition from being pushed to the remote server, for which my example in the
> previous email used a local trigger.  Note that the update of the foreign
> partition to be done locally is a prerequisite for this bug to occur.

Thank you, I was aware that UPDATE calls ExecInsert() but forgot about it
partway.  Good catch (and my bad miss.)

+       PgFdwModifyState *fmstate = resultRelInfo->ri_FdwState ?
+                                                       (PgFdwModifyState *)
resultRelInfo->ri_FdwState :
+                                                       NULL;

This can be written as:

+       PgFdwModifyState *fmstate = (PgFdwModifyState *)
resultRelInfo->ri_FdwState;

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa