On 2021/03/04 11:24, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
On Thu, Mar 04, 2021 at 10:35:19AM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

While reviewing "autoanalyze on partitioned table" patch, I realized
that pg_stat_xxx_tables.n_mod_since_analyze is not reset at TRUNCATE.
On the other hand, n_ins_since_vacuum is reset. I think it should be
reset because otherwise we end up unnecessarily triggering autoanalyze
even when the actual number of newly inserted tuples is less than the
autoanalyze thresholds.

In that case, conversely, we want to trigger autoanalyze ASAP because the
contents in the table was changed very much?

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION