On 12/7/20 6:45 PM, James Coleman wrote:
On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 7:34 PM Brian Davis <br...@brianlikespostgres.com> wrote:

Played around with this a bit, here's a non-correlated subquery that gets us to
that if statement

While I haven't actually tracked down to guarantee this is handled
elsewhere, a thought experiment -- I think -- shows it must be so.
Here's why: suppose we don't have a limit here, but the query return
order is different in different backends. Then we would have the same
problem you bring up. In that case this code is already setting
consider_parallel=true on the rel. So I don't think we're changing any
behavior here.

So it looks like you and Brian are satisfied that this change is not allowing bad behavior.

Seems like an obvious win. Hopefully we can get some other concurring opinions.

-David
da...@pgmasters.net