On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:28:38AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> writes:
> > We are reaching the two-year mark on this feature, that everyone seems
> > to agree is needed.  Is any committer going to work on this to get it
> > into PG 14?  Should I take it?
>
> I still say that it's a serious mistake to sanctify a query ID calculation
> method that was designed only for pg_stat_statement's needs as the one
> true way to do it.  But that's what exposing it in a core view would do.

OK, I am fine with creating a new method, and maybe having
pg_stat_statements use it.  Is that the direction we should be going in?
I do think we need _some_ method in core if we are going to be exposing
this value in pg_stat_activity and log_line_prefix.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us