On 2021/03/20 13:40, Masahiro Ikeda wrote:
Sorry, there is no evidence we should call it.
I thought that to call FreeWaitEventSet() is a manner after using
CreateWaitEventSet() and the performance impact to call it seems to be too
small.

(Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.)
The reason why I said this is a manner because I thought it's no problem
even without calling FreeWaitEventSet() before the process exits regardless
of fast or immediate shutdown. Since the "WaitEventSet *wes" is a process local
resource,
this will be released by OS even if FreeWaitEventSet() is not called.

I'm now changing my mind to skip it is better because the code can be simpler
and,
it's unimportant for the above reason especially when the immediate shutdown is
requested which is a bad manner itself.

Thanks for explaining this! So you're thinking that v3 patch should be chosen?
Probably some review comments I posted upthread need to be applied to
v3 patch, e.g., rename of SignalHandlerForUnsafeExit() function.

BTW, the SysLoggerMain() create the WaitEventSet, but it didn't call
FreeWaitEventSet().
Is it better to call FreeWaitEventSet() before exiting too?

Yes if which could cause actual issue. Otherwise I don't have strong
reason to do that for now..

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters