On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 03:57:21PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 07:31:39AM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > Good point.
>
> Thanks.  I have used the wording that Tom has proposed upthread, added
> one GUC_NOT_IN_SAMPLE that you forgot, and applied the
> force_parallel_mode patch.

Thanks.  It just occured to me to ask if we should backpatch it.
The goal is to avoid someone trying to use this as a peformance option.

It's to their benefit and ours if they don't do that on v10-13 for the next 5
years, not just v14-17.

The patch seems to apply cleanly on v12 but cherry-pick needs help for other
branches...

--
Justin