From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbal...@gmail.com>
Basically you are creating a new table and loading data to it and that means
you will be less likely to access those data soon so for such thing spoiling
buffer cache may not be a good idea.

Some people, including me, would say that the table will be accessed soon and
that's why the data is loaded quickly during minimal maintenance hours.

I was just suggesting only for experiments for identifying the root cause.

I thought this is a good chance to possibly change things better (^^).
I guess the user would simply think like this: "I just want to finish CTAS as
quickly as possible, so I configured to take advantage of parallelism.  I want
CTAS to make most use of our resources.  Why doesn't Postgres try to limit
resource usage (by using the ring buffer) against my will?"

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa