On 2021/08/24 0:26, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Aren't we talking about query cancellations that occur in response to a
standby delay limit?  Those aren't in response to user action.  What I
mean is that if the standby delay limit is exceeded, then we send a
query cancel; we expect the standby to cancel its query at that time and
then the primary can move on.  But if the standby doesn't react, then we
can have it terminate its connection.

+1