Greetings,

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 07:43 Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) <
noriyoshi.shin...@hpe.com> wrote:

> I have tested this new feature with PostgreSQL 14 Beta 3 environment.
> I created a user granted with pg_write_all_data role and executed UPDATE
> and DELETE statements on tables owned by other users.
> If there is no WHERE clause, it can be executed as expected, but if the
> WHERE clause is specified, an error of permission denied will occur.
> Is this the expected behavior?

A WHERE clause requires SELECT rights on the table/columns referenced and
if no SELECT rights were granted then a permission denied error is the
correct result, yes. Note that pg_write_all_data, as documented, does not
include SELECT rights.

Thanks,

Stephen