On 08.09.21 04:04, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
At Tue, 7 Sep 2021 11:22:24 +0200, Peter Eisentraut
<peter.eisentr...@enterprisedb.com> wrote in
On 30.08.21 04:13, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
+       else if (IsA(obj, Integer))
+               _outInteger(str, (Integer *) obj);
+       else if (IsA(obj, Float))
+               _outFloat(str, (Float *) obj);
I felt that the type enames are a bit confusing as they might be too
generic, or too close with the corresponding binary types.
-       Node       *arg;                        /* a (Value *) or a (TypeName
*) */
+       Node       *arg;
Mmm. It's a bit pity that we lose the generic name for the value
nodes.

Not sure what you mean here.

The member arg loses the information on what kind of nodes are to be
stored there. Concretely it just removes the comment "a (Value *) or a
(TypeName *)". If the (Value *) were expanded in a straight way, the
comment would be "a (Integer *), (Float *), (String *), (BitString *),
or (TypeName *)". I supposed that the member loses the comment because
it become too long.

Ok, I added the comment back in in a modified form.

The patches have been committed now.  Thanks.