Just FTR, I strongly object to your removal of process-startup srandom()
calls.

Ok. The point of the patch is to replace and unify the postgres underlying PRNG, so there was some logic behind this removal.

FTR, this was triggered by your comment on Jul 1:

[...] I see that you probably did that because random.c and srandom.c depend on it, but I wonder why we don't make an effort to flush those altogether. It's surely pretty confusing to newbies that what appears to be a call of the libc primitives is no such thing.

I understood "flushing s?random.c" as that it would be a good thing to remove their definitions, hence their calls, whereas in the initial patch I provided a replacement for srandom & random.

--
Fabien.