Tom Lane wrote: > "Hiroshi Inoue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > > Seems some people expect the implementation in 7.1. > > (recent [GENERAL} drop column?) > > I could commit my local branch if people don't mind > > backward incompatibility. > > I've lost track --- is this different from the _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__ > code that's already in CVS? I really really didn't like that > implementation :-(, but I forget what other methods were being > discussed. > My current local trial implementation follows your idea(logical/ physical attribute numbers). > > P.S. I've noticed that get_rte_attribute_name() seems to > > break my implementation. I'm not sure if I could solve it. > > That would be a problem --- rule dumping depends on that code to > produce correct aliases, so making it work is not optional. > Your change has no problem if logical==physical attribute numbers. Regards. Hiroshi Inoue