"Mikheev, Vadim" wrote: > > > > Also, is TOAST-table vacuuming fixed now? > > > > Still broken. Hiroshi had muttered something about fixing > > the internal commit of VACUUM so that it's more like a real > > commit --- including advancing the transaction ID --- but > > still doesn't release the exclusive lock held by VACUUM. > > Basically we need to propagate the locks forward to the new > > xact instead of releasing them. I think that would be a nice > > clean solution if we could do it. Do you have any ideas about how? > > Yes, it would be nice for cursors too - they should be able to cross > transaction boundaries... > Cursors outside transactions is a nice feature I've long wanted. It would be nice if one of the requirement is solved. How many factors should be solved to achieve it ? For example,not release the buffers kept by such cursors ... Regards. Hiroshi Inoue