El Mar 30 Ene 2001 10:08, Martin A. Marques escribió:
> Is there a way to grant a user with all privileges on a database? Something
> like Informixs GRANT dba?

OK, I see that no one responded (except one person how made a personal
responce), so I'll add a bit to it.
I seem to be aware that Postgres doesn't have a function to grant total
access to a database, so is it posible to have this added to the todo list
for further versions? Or is it posible to build a user-function that will let
me do this:

postgres@ultra3:~ > psql horde

horde=# CREATE DATABASE test;
CREATE DATABASE
horde=# GRANT dba TO martin; -- here is the grant issue.
GRANT
horde=# \c test martin;
You are now connected to database test as user martin.
test=# CREATE TABLE (aid SERIAL, texto TEXT);
CREATE TABLE
test=#

Saludos... ;-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.