FWIW, I emailed Thies about the pg_connect problems, and whis is what he
responded with (yesterday would be Feb 13):

----

    i've commited a fix for this to PHP 4 CVS yesterday.

    if you don't want to live on the "bleeding edge" (use PHP
    from CVS) just replace the php_pgsql_set_default_link
    function in pgsql.c against this one and you're all-set!

    regards,
    tc

static void php_pgsql_set_default_link(int id)
{
    PGLS_FETCH();

    if ((PGG(default_link) != -1) && (PGG(default_link) != id)) {
        zend_list_delete(PGG(default_link));
    }

    if (PGG(default_link) != id) {
        PGG(default_link) = id;
        zend_list_addref(id);
    }
}

-----

Michael Fork - CCNA - MCP - A+
Network Support - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio