Tom Lane wrote: > > Hiroshi Inoue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > >> But what possible reason is there for keeping it in pg_control? > >> AFAICS that would just mean that we'd need special code for setting it, > >> instead of making use of all of Peter's hard work on GUC. > > > I don't think it's appropriate to edit archdir by hand. > > Why not? How is this a critical parameter (more critical than, say, > fsync enable)? I don't think 'fsync enable' is a critical parameter. It's a dangerous parameter and it's not appropriate as a GUC paramter either. Does it have any meaning other than testing ? IMHO recovery system doesn't allow any optimism and archdir is also a part of recovery system though I'm not sure how critical the parameter would be. Regards, Hiroshi Inoue ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])