Tom Lane wrote: > > Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: > >> This is a non-improvement. Please reverse it. SIGTERM would only be > >> sent to a backend if the database system were in fact shutting down. > > > But why say the system is shutting down if the backend is shutting down. > > Seems the postmaster should say system shutting down and each backend > > should say it is shutting itself down. The way it is now, don't we get > > a "system shutting down" message for every running backend? > > You are failing to consider that the primary audience for this error > message is not the system log, but the clients of the backends. They > are going to see only one message, and they are going to want to know > *why* their backend shut down. > How could the backend know why it is shut down ? Is it inhibited to kill a backend individually ? What is a real syetem shut down message ? I agree with Bruce to change the backend shut down message. regards, Hiroshi Inoue ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives? http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl