"Mikheev, Vadim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Probably we should update XLogWrite to write() more than 1 block,
> but Tom should apply his patches first (btw, did you implement
> "log file size" condition for checkpoints, Tom?).

Yes I did.  There's a variable now to specify a checkpoint every N
log segments --- I figured that was good enough resolution, and it
allowed the test to be made only when we're rolling over to a new
segment, so it's not in a time-critical path.

If you're happy with what I did so far, I'll go ahead and commit.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster