On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 02:51:33PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> The ref/current_{date,time...}.sgml files are there because (a)
> functions should be documented, and (b) someone documented them. But we
> never documented enough functions to justify setting up an entire
> section of a manual to cover them. I think that these are more likely to

        This is one of the reasons why I created the PostgreSQL CookBook
project. The documentatin of PG function is really small, with barely any
examples.
        It looks like either the PG community does not write/use functions or
very few people are willing to take 5 minutes and contribute an example
for a function. So far (after over a week) the CookBook has 8 recipes
posted.
        For those wondering, the cookbook project is at
http://www.brasileiro.net/postgres. I plan to post a slew of functions
from the OpenACS project sometime next week.

        -Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club|------+
  Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU - http://www.brasileiro.net