Thomas Lockhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> That is not already available from the Irix support code?

What we have for IRIX is

#if defined(__sgi)
/*
 * SGI IRIX 5
 * slock_t is defined as a unsigned long. We use the standard SGI
 * mutex API.
 *
 * The following comment is left for historical reasons, but is probably
 * not a good idea since the mutex ABI is supported.
 *
 * This stuff may be supplemented in the future with Masato Kataoka's MIPS-II
 * assembly from his NECEWS SVR4 port, but we probably ought to retain this
 * for the R3000 chips out there.
 */
#include "mutex.h"
#define TAS(lock)       (test_and_set(lock,1))
#define S_UNLOCK(lock)  (test_then_and(lock,0))
#define S_INIT_LOCK(lock)       (test_then_and(lock,0))
#define S_LOCK_FREE(lock)       (test_then_add(lock,0) == 0)
#endif   /* __sgi */

Doesn't look to me like it's likely to work on anything but IRIX ...