Title: "select for update" question....
Hello,

As I understand it:
Issuing a “select for update” within a transaction will prevent other users from modifying data. (exclusive lock)

I’m contemplating using the DBI interface as a permanent client to postgres for a group of users, and have a few questions.

Will the above procedure still exclusively lock the row, when using a browser to issue a “select for update”?
I’m confused about sth->finish; and will it finish the transaction, before the user re-submits the form data to update the row....

Can anyone help me or offer some “howtos” to read regarding postgres and DBI?

thanks.

Raoul.