Bruce Momjian wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
OTOH we may be talking at cross-purposes --- on looking into gram.y
I see that this syntax is transformed to a call of convert_using(),
which may mean it has nothing to do with your changes.

No, I changed convert_using - http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/catalog/pg_conversion.c?r1=1.36&r2=1.37

We can revert that if necessary. It will open up a hole, though. Take your pick - spec compliance or validly coded data.

Is this a TODO?

No, we're long past this point. We've dropped 'convert ... using' entirely.

cheers

andrew

      match