Hello.

I compiled and installed PostgreSQL 8.3 beta 2 on OS X 10.4.10 these days,
and noticed a minor issue that may lead to some problems, occasionally.

I generally run make check, and that consumes some extra disk space, of
course. While versions 8.1 and 8.2 were quite happy with a total of
approximately 280-300 MB of free disk space for the build, 8.3 beta 2
consumes *up to 1.6 Gigabyte*. This may not be a problem for professional
environments, but I can imagine cases where some single user machines are
brought to their knees ;-)
(Fortunately not in my case. I'm working with a disk image to build
PostgreSQL, but nonetheless it took three trials until I made the image big
enough...)

Snip from the current INSTALL file:
   ... If you are going to run the regression tests you will
   temporarily need up to an extra 90 MB. ...

May I suggest to correct this sentence?

Thanks for your interest.

Joerg Beyer

Jörg Beyer