Neil Conway wrote:
On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 11:38 +0900, Josh Berkus wrote:
./configure --with-libxml does not accept a location argument. This makes it impossible to configure 8.3 with LibXML on the Mac, because I can't upgrade the main libxml without breaking something, and ./configure doesn't let me specify an alternate location.

--with-libraries, --with-includes should work.

Apparently not.

Here's what I'm trying:

./configure --with-libxml --with-libraries=/Library/Frameworks/libxml.framework/ --with-perl --prefix=/Users/josh/pg83b2

The libxml in that directory is 2.6.30, but .configure always seems to find the default one first.

What I get for demoing on an OS which uses libxml in the OS ... darn Apple, anyway. But we'd better get ready for a lot of bug reports from mac users.

--Josh

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster