Tommy wrote:
Hello,
I'm implementing a Setup Wizard to install PostgreSQL. In the documentation
it states that psql returns ZERO to the "shell" if it finished successfully.

I'm implementing a wizard in Pascal and was wondering the correct syntax to
check whether or not the shell received ZERO?
For example,
If not (psql) then
MsgBox('Note: psql was not finished normally.', mbError, MB_OK);
How exactly can I check to see if psql returns ZERO to the "shell"? What do
I test for?  If(Psql.exe)? or is there a variable I can check to see if it
has been set?

You would check the same way you check for the exit status of any other command you spawn.

Since you haven't told us what OS this is nor how your wizard is calling psql, it's hard to say more.

cheers

andrew

      match