Hello,

I am running tests with PG8.3b2 on Solaris 10 8/07 and I still see IO flood when checkpoint happens. I have tried increasing the bg_lru_multiplier from 2 to 5 from default but I dont see any more writes by bgwriter happening than my previous test which used the default.

Then I tried increasing checkpoint_completion_target=0.9 but still no spread of IO (checkpoint_timeout is set to default 5m)

What am I missing?

How does PostgreSQL determine the Load distribution?

Regards,
Jignesh

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate