Martijn van Oosterhout napsal(a):
On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 09:33:17PM +0100, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
Sure, why not. To be honest I think that psql shouldn't be ignoring the
EISDIR error the kernel is returning.
But it works when you open directory in read-only mode. See posix definition:

[EISDIR]
    The named file is a directory and oflag includes O_WRONLY or O_RDWR.

$ strace psql -f /tmp
<snip>
open("/tmp", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE)      = 4
<snip>
read(4, 0xb7f1b000, 4096)               = -1 EISDIR (Is a directory)

Which is subsequently ignored. I'm hoping it doesn't ignore other
errors, like EIO or EPIPE,

Yes, you have right I checked only open command which works fine, but read
fails.

        Zdenek