Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Dave Page wrote:
That's inaccurate - I've been listed by full name for at least the last 3 or 4
releases. I realise I'm not the biggest contributor to the core code, but
'newer' certainly isn't right.

Maybe that's because you have such a short name. ;-)

Yeah, laziness on the part of those preparing the release notes is
certainly a factor ;-).
Anyway, maybe a policy of "drop the last name on second and later
mentions, unless this might cause confusion" would work.

You've probably written more in this thread than you would have if you'd used last names everywhere to start with. I suspect that might be the best policy, and that the laziness is best avoided in this case.

cheers

andrew