Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Using the attached patch, SSL will act over Unix-domain sockets.  AFAICT,
> this
> just works.  I didn't find a way to sniff a Unix-domain socket, however.
>
> How should we proceed with this?

I am confused by the shortness of this patch.  Right now pg_hba.conf
has:

        # host       DATABASE  USER  CIDR-ADDRESS  METHOD  [OPTION]
        # hostssl    DATABASE  USER  CIDR-ADDRESS  METHOD  [OPTION]
        # hostnossl  DATABASE  USER  CIDR-ADDRESS  METHOD  [OPTION]

These are all for TCP connections.  How do we handle 'local' SSL
connection specification?  Do we want to provide similar functionality
for local connections?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://momjian.us

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend