Tom Lane wrote:
I was just noticing that $SUBJECT is hard --- the entry in current_query
looks exactly like a manual vacuum command, and there's not anything in
the other fields that looks different either.

Since autovacuum.c is making up its pgstat_report_activity string
anyway, it would be easy to make the string look like, say,
        AUTO VACUUM ANALYZE foo.bar

I think this would be a helpful change, but some might find it
confusing.  Thoughts?

I find

AUTOVACUUM ANALYZE foo.bar more clear.

Joshua D. Drake