Robert Treat wrote:
On Friday 25 January 2008 06:40, Simon Riggs wrote:
Notes: As the syntax shows, these would be statement-level triggers
(only). Requesting row level triggers will cause an error. [As Chris
Browne explained, if people really want, they can use these facilities
to create a Before Statement trigger that executes a DELETE, which then
fires row level calls.]

This seems to completly hand-wave away the idea of implementing row level visibility in statement level triggers, something I am hoping to see implemented somewhere down the line. Am I missing something?

The rowset (not row) associated with the statement level trigger would be the whole table in case of a TRUNCATE trigger, so in this (corner) case it's not too helpful.

Regards,
Andreas

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate