All

Is there an interest in developing bitemporal functionality in PostgreSQL

Regards

Luke > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: bitemporal functionality for
PostgreSQL> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:08:03 -0500> > Luke
Porter wrote:> > > > Bruce> > > > I have a compelling solution to provide a
database with bitemporal> > functionality. It is a comprehensive spec. Is there
any interest> > in PostgreSQL providing this functionality. The area is
sometimes> > referred to as "temporal agility". It has recently been covered> >
as an emerging requirement by Garther and C J Date has recently> > lectured on
the area (My solution was demo'd at the same event> > he spoke at). It is a
transforming approach to data management> > in that it completely removes the
need for the developer to> > address the time dimension - the database does it
all.> > Yes, I think there would be interest. I would ask on the hackers email>
list.> > --> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://momjian.us> EnterpriseDB
http://postgres.enterprisedb.com> > + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can
be your backup. +
Telly addicts unite!