Tom Lane wrote:
Zdenek Kotala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
If you only got 2% out of it, it's not even worth thinking about how to
fix the serious bugs that approach would create (primarily, lack of
control over when pages can get flushed to disk).

You can flush a pages by msync() function which writes dirty pages on disk. I don't see any other problem.

Then you need to learn more.  The side of the problem that is hard to
fix is that sometimes we need to prevent pages from being flushed to
disk until some other data (typically WAL entries) has reached disk.
With mmap'd data we have no control over early writes.

I see. Thanks for explanation.

                Zdenek

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq