"Hiroshi Saito" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Oops, and,
>>> so we really need to support at least ColId as the allowed set of
>>> column alias names.  (I tried changing the patch to do that, but
>>> got a lot of shift/reduce conflicts, some of which are maybe fixable
>>> but some seem hard to fix.)

I think supporting only IDENT wouldn't be all that much of a loss.

But yeah, c_expr isn't enough. We really need {a,b}_expr sans postfix
expressions. I tried to create something like that earlier and found my bison
grammar foo a bit rusty.

Hm. I wonder if we could do a hack where we parse the a_expr ColId as a
regular a_expr and then check for that in the target_el rule or in parse
analysis and pull the ColId out.

--
  Gregory Stark
  Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostgreSQL