On Feb 10, 2008 8:58 AM, Jan Wieck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wonder if the efforts to provide mirrors for many different systems can
> hurt later down the road. It is pretty obvious that amost every current
> system has options to convert from or to mirror a CVS repository. But what if
> we someday really want to use something else as the master repository? Are we
> ready to accept losing unsupported mirrors at that time, or will that
> actually influence the choice (I think that it should not ... but I can hear
> the outcry already).

If an SCM comes along so compelling in its feature set that it
convinces the Postgres committers to abandon CVS, I don't think anyone
will complain about having to use it =)

Seriously though, I think the main impetus for having these mirrors is
that developers don't want to work with CVS.  If the master repos was
upgraded to a modern SCM, the importance of having mirrors would
dwindle.

Cheers,
BJ

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend