Tom Lane napsal(a):

<snip>

pg_time_t: only one-second resolution.  Also, since this is typedef'd
as int64, the field-width problem comes right back to haunt us on
machines where INT64_IS_BROKEN.  On the other hand, it's not clear
that there are any such machines anymore, and furthermore such a machine
is going to have a different idea of the width of some other pg_control
fields such as system_identifier anyway.

I think one-second resolution is OK. I don't expect that currently there is some machine with INT64_IS_BROKEN. We can add some extra check to configure if we want to be sure.

<snip>

There are various modules that use time_t internally to store current
or recent values of time(NULL), and it's probably all right to leave
those as-is as long as the value is not exposed outside the module.
But maybe we should convert them to pg_time_t too, just to have a
uniform coding rule "don't use time_t".  Thoughts?

It is good rule. We should add pg_time() function as a replacement/wrapper of time() function.

                Zdenek