"Sergey E. Koposov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In the process of converting a multi-Tb datadabe from 8.2 to 8.3, Postgres 8.3
> died at the failed assertion:
>
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(((toast_pointer).va_extsize <
> (toast_pointer).va_rawsize - ((int32) sizeof(int32))))", File:
> "tuptoaster.c", Line: 1134)
> Does anyone have ideas what could be the reason for the bug ?

What the assert is saying is that the datum it's trying to toast is compressed
but the compressed version is larger than the original -- which shouldn't ever
happen because we don't store such data compressed.

I haven't quite figured out where the error is yet though.

--
  Gregory Stark
  Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostgreSQL

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend