Tom Lane wrote:
Greg Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
Counts are useless here, we need to see the sequence of write locations to find out if there's a lot of nonconsecutive writes happening.

How were you planning to analyze the strace output to quantify that?

I didn't really have any preconceived ideas about that.  I just want to
see some raw data to see if something shows up.

Isn't blktrace the tool to get that kind of information? Anyway, as the following threads point out the problems seems to be somewhere else..

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath