Lamar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Looking through the archives Ifind some details, such as the function
> locale_is_like_safe()  , and I see other details -- but a concise picture of
> what one can expect operating in a non-locale_is_like_safe() (which
> currently includes ONLY the C and POSIX locales) locale would be,

As of 7.1, LIKE will always work correctly in non-C locales, because it
will never try to use an index.  Concise enough?

What we need, and don't have, is reliable information about which
locales the pre-7.1 indexing hack was actually safe in.  A complicating
factor is that non-C locale definitions are probably platform-specific.