Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
There is a build farm failure now because (apparently) an old make version:
http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dawn_bat&dt=2008-02-26%2019:00:01

The new amended backend linking code needs GNU make 3.80, released 2002-10-03.

Are you sure you've diagnosed this correctly?  I built last night with
make 3.79.1 without any obvious problem.  OTOH I haven't yet tracked
the commits you made today.

only objfiles.txt uses the somewhat arcane feature that is apparently breaking dawn_bat - it is apparently not used anywhere else in our build system.

Is that really the only way we can do it? Maybe Peter understands it but I don't, and I'm not sure I want to invest lots of brain cells in finding out.

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend