Tom Lane wrote:
The concern I've got about this is basically that it would encourage
plastering the same label on subtly different counts, leading to
confusion and perhaps mistaken conclusions.  I would prefer to see any
common probes be reverse-engineered *after the fact*, ie, after you've
already instrumented several DB's you're in a better position to figure
out what's common and what's not.  I distrust preconceived notions about
that.

Your point is well taken, and we can revisit this later!

Regards,
-Robert

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate