On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:25 PM, ITAGAKI Takahiro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Sounds cool. I recommended users to do VACUUM FREEZE just after initial

Yeah, and the additional step of VACUUM FREEZE adds up to the restore
time.

>  To make things worse, the freezing day comes at once because the first
> restore
>  is done in a single or near transactions; The wraparound timings of many
>  tables are aligned at the same time. Freezing copy will be the solution.

If we can start with a freezed table and even if the table is
subsequently updated,
hopefully DSM (or something of that sort) will help us reduce the vacuum freeze
time whenever its required.

Thanks,
Pavan

--