I have an idea for this TODO item:

        * Allow administrators to safely terminate individual sessions either
          via an SQL function or SIGTERM

          Lock table corruption following SIGTERM of an individual backend
          has been reported in 8.0.  A possible cause was fixed in 8.1, but
          it is unknown whether other problems exist.  This item mostly
          requires additional testing rather than of writing any new code.

          http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00174.php

When we get the termination signal, why can't we just set a global
boolean, do a query cancel, and in the setjmp() code block check the
global and exit --- at that stage we know we have released all locks and
can exit cleanly.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://momjian.us